I can’t believe it has been a whole year since I started this blog! I started just a few days before I turned 30 with this post. I wasn’t sure where I would go with it or what I would write about or who would even read it. I have learned a great deal along the way, and even met a few new friends.
Some fun facts and stats:
- In the past 12 months, I have made 183 posts.
- Of those, the most popular by far has been the post about making your own coasters from terracotta pot saucers.
- An oddly large number of people run across my blog when searching for info on Chili’s blackberry iced tea. It’s my most popular search term.
- The Facebook page for this blog currently has 59 followers, which thrills me to death! I’d love for it to keep growing!
- I have blogged about four out-of-state trips this year, which for me is a lot. I have blogged in Massachusetts and Vermont, South Carolina, Tennessee, and back to Massachusetts again.
- The blog that I get the most referrals from is addicted2decorating.com!
Although I know I am not the most skilled or prolific or compelling writer, I truly enjoy this hobby of mine. I love the outlet of personal expression, and I love getting to share things with people. It’s a great way to connect, destress, and it makes life more fun! I would like to encourage those of you who are interested in blogging to just give it a try. You can start your own blog for free at wordpress.com, which is exactly how I started. It’s really easy and user-friendly for those without experience. And if you need help, please feel free to reach out to me.
Excited to start year 2 at Sunshine And Some Tea!