Tadd and I just got back from Red Sox Weekend 2012! (See last year’s adventures here.) It was a smaller group this year, and the Red Sox lost against the Tampa Bay Rays at the game we saw on Saturday night, but we still had a great time.
A brief synopsis of our trip, left to right, starting at the top:
1. On the road to Tampa, we spotted Yum Yum Cupcake Truck!
2. Sipping fruity cocktails at Jimmy Guana’s for Friday night dinner. While the atmosphere was nice and the food was okay, we had terrible service and probably won’t be going back there again.
3. Lunch on Saturday was far better, at Palm Pavilion, which is right on Clearwater Beach. You can’t beat that view!
4., 5., & 6. After lunch,we spent a couple hours at the Dali Museum. Highly recommend it if you have a couple hours to spare in St. Pete. I had gone several times in high school & college, but they had completely redone the building the collection is housed in, so it was my first time seeing that. What a cool place!
7. Getting ready for the start of the baseball game! Final score was Rays 5, Red Sox 3. Incidentally, the Red Sox won against the Rays Friday night and Sunday, so even though they lost the game we saw, they still won the series. Go Sox!!
8. Sunday brunch at British/Euro Bar The Queenshead in St. Pete. This place is SO cool! We will be back.
9. We finished our weekend with a brewery tour at Cigar City Brewery in Tampa. $5 gets you the tour, a complimentary beer of your choice, and a souvenir pint glass! Love their beers!