I realize that my blog has been lacking in the creativity department lately. I have been so busy with travel and wedding and life in general, that most of my posts have been filled with that stuff lately. I hope to get back to crafts, sewing, and maybe even share a recipe or two really soon. I hope you will bear with me in the meantime, and enjoy me sharing a bit about the other things going on in my world!
I thought I would share the Instagram pics I took during our 4 days/3 nights at Walt Disney World last week! I can’t stress enough how much Tadd and I enjoyed ourselves during that little getaway. As a matter of fact, I told Tadd that if I thought we could swing it, I would definitely book another very similar staycation in December to enjoy all of the holiday happenings at WDW. October, November, and December are definitely my FAVORITE months to enjoy the theme parks!
- The first two pics are from Disney’s brand new Art of Animation Resort, in the Cars-themed section. This was a short walk away from where we were staying at the Pop Century Resort, so we took advantage on our first day and took a look around. All I have to say is WOW! Art of Animation is incredible! Each wing of the resort makes you feel like you are walking into a Disney film (Cars, Finding Nemo, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid). So many cute touches!
- We ate at Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast our second morning (left most pic, third row down). Food was delicious! We would definitely go back.
- I made that little Mickey pumpkin canvas backpack (third row right) years ago, using a $2 basic blank canvas drawstring backpack that I got at JoAnn’s (in the section with the blank t-shirts and tote bags) and a computer graphic printed on iron-on paper. I was used to using the iron-on paper on t-shirts and wasn’t sure how it would transfer on canvas, but it turned out great and has now lasted me 5 or so years! The canvas is starting to look a bit dingy, but the graphic still looks great.
- I love when they project things on Cinderella Castle during the fireworks shows! You can see the orange jack-o’-lanterns in my pic from the “Happy Hallowishes” fireworks display at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- The pic with the cup of coffee is from Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort. This is where we had breakfast on our last morning before heading over to Magic Kingdom to check out the New Fantasyland. If you are a coffee lover, you MUST try 100% pure Kona coffee in a press pot. It’s sooo much better than regular coffee!