Well, my living room is not finished quite to my liking. BUT, I think it looks sufficiently complete to be able to share it with you here. Please keep in mind that this is still a work-in-progress! But so far, we are loving our new room. It really does feel completely different! I find it much more cozy, and it gives us a TON more storage options.
Click here to see some “before” pictures.
And without further ado…
Some things to consider while viewing the photo above:
- The console table behind the sofa will soon have four large straw baskets in each of the bottom cubbyholes. Just need to make the time to get back to Ikea to purchase them. I am on the hunt for a set of 4 decorative items to live in the upper cubbyholes. Thinking decorative bowls, but not sure yet. I am also on the hunt for a lamp for the top of that table.
- We have ordered a very sleek, small grey recliner for the now-empty righthand wall. It should arrive later this week.
- The bookshelves on either side of the TV will be in for a makeover soon. My main goal is to get the backs of the shelves painted so the accessories don’t get lost in a dark abyss like they are now.
- The cabinet doors on the bottom of the bookshelves are probably my #1 favorite thing about this room. SOOOOOO much hidden storage. We want to get some decorative knobs from Hobby Lobby to jazz them up a bit.
- We have art to hang on the walls, but I’m not 100% sure where I want everything to go yet. So we are living with mostly empty walls until I figure it out.
- For some reason, the lighting makes the walls photograph brighter than they actually are. It’s a much softer yellow in person.
- Many of the accessories on the bookshelves will get a coat of spray paint in some brighter colors. Again, this is just a rough draft and a definite work-in-progress.
- The window needs curtains.
A few more detail pics:
I will keep you posted as we continue to work on this room!