I can’t believe it’s the last day of July! I am happy though, because that puts us another month closer to my favorite season, fall! Florida summers can be brutal. High temps in the mid nineties, crazy humidity, and violent thunderstorms almost every day. They are also way too long…Our summer weather patterns sometimes start in April and can last well into October. It can be really tough to do anything (comfortably) outdoors during this time frame, which can be quite limiting.
So, to make these last several weeks of summer a teensy bit more bearable, I am thinking about some my favorite things about fall!
Top 5 fall-related things I am looking forward to (in no particular order):
- Yankee Candle Boney Bunch Preview! This event is THIS coming Saturday morning, August 4th. I was good and skipped this last year during my No Spend August Challenge. But this year, I will be going back and I am psyched! I always love Yankee Candle’s fall and Halloween items, and the sneak peek pics I have seen so far show that this year is no exception. There is even rumor of a Boney Bunch kitty character in this year’s collection!
- Long & Scott’s Corn Maze. My friends and I conquered the maze last year. It wasn’t a very fall-like day (hot!), but we had fun working together to solve the 6-acre maze. Hopefully this year we can go on a day with crisper temperatures.
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Disney events like this one make me feel really lucky to live in Central Florida. This is always one of the highlights of my fall season every year. It’s not a cheap day (each tasting item costs an average of $4-5), but there is something really fun and enjoyable about getting to stroll around World Showcase, trying different food and beverage items from all around the world.
- Fall crafting. Fall tends to be the time that I really get into crafting. For some reason, it sparks my creative side. I actually hope to get started on this very soon! Last year I made a cute “SPOOKY” sign, a Halloween-ified vase, and got together with my girlfriends to make candy corn wreaths. This year, I am planning on some fall sewing projects.
- Halloween! I love all holidays, especially Halloween. Tadd and I are starting to toss around costume ideas for this year already. Last year we dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf!